Whether you are planning a honeymoon to romantic Italy, fast paced New York City
or traveling to an exotic island, choosing and packing your wardrobe needs a
little planning just like the other elements of travel. Here are a few
tips to keep your Honeymoon packing stress free:
- Limit your travel wardrobe to 2 or 3 basic colors. Neutrals are a
wise choice as they are easy to accessorize and serve as a base for creating
- Coordinate your travel outfit to your packed wardrobe for added options.
Choose a fabric that is comfortable and wrinkle free. Be sure to
include a jacket or sweater if you are traveling by plane. A neutral
pantsuit is a good choice.
- Bring only clothes that fit, flatter and feel good. Now is not the time to
bring the outfit that you hope works for you.
- Accessories take up a lot less room than clothes and can take you from day
to evening. Include sparkly earrings and strappy sandals for those
romantic dinners. Tennis
shoes and a hat are always good for daytime activities.
- If you are traveling out of the country be sure to purchase electrical
adapters for your appliances.
- Bring along a folding canvas bag to carry home all your souvenirs and
items from your shopping excursions.
- Use plastic bags and tissue for wrapping garments. This will cut down on
creasing and wrinkles.
- Carry with you your toiletries, important papers, travelers checks and
anything else you would need if your suitcase gets lost or delayed. A
pair of shorts and a bathing suit (if you are heading South) is also a good
- Before packing lay out everything and put together your outfits to be sure
you have what you need. Include your shoes and all other accessories
- A few other extra's to consider: a travel diary, stamps, travel steamer
and a sewing kit.
With a little planning, you can forget about your clothes and enjoy a once in
a lifetime Honeymoon. Happy packing!